Proof that ACIM did not come from CIA MKULTRA mind control project
Katie
2007-08-29 15:43:37 UTC
There is one factual mistake in the following article, and it appears on a
website that includes the word "conspiracy".

http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37

Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM, and can ignore and scoff at all the further
content of the article and anyone who even considers further thought or
research on the topic.

Time for Joyful Celebration, all the Bad Enemies of ACIM have been
Defeated!!!

Important Cult Reminder:
Have you sneered down your nose at a non-believer yet today?????
DJ
2007-08-29 16:23:03 UTC
Post by Katie
There is one factual mistake in the following article, and it appears on a
website that includes the word "conspiracy".
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM, and can ignore and scoff at all the further
content of the article and anyone who even considers further thought or
research on the topic.
Time for Joyful Celebration, all the Bad Enemies of ACIM have been
Defeated!!!
Have you sneered down your nose at a non-believer yet today?????
Too funny,
Indeed there are those that *pose* themselves as *spiritual*
enlightened, knowers, Masters, Mystics, of the course. I've even heard
it said course students and non-course students.So many of the so
called *course community are indeed ones who raise themselves above
other (nose raised) waiting for the disolution) not recognizing their
sisters and brothers, therefore most give nothing!!! Self-serving,
finger pointing, greedy, *SNEER-ERS*.
The truth is swept under the blanket of *sameness* that it taught ( a
way of repeating a statement over and over again...so that those would
would still have belief in lack and unworthyness would repeat the vary
words that they do not understand.
Freedom is indeed the stillness of ones own mind, the focus on the
heart (light) within, and the knowing that everything you need, you
already have. Once you have allowed the controling voice, the Mystic,
Snake oil salesmen would would try to sell back to you what you
already have,well, that is not a TEACHER>>A LIGHT WORKER>>or what ever
the current title.
The very ones who preach forgiveness, who preach the disolution of the
world, the denial of their brothers and sisters are not removing the
blocks to love. They have build a wall, one that if you are willing to
turn your individual divinty over too, you may peer over the wall or
perhaps sell your cheap Course wares pretending to be enlightened.
And if I who do not sit on my bum in a chatroom 24/7, if I who have
not made ACIM a idol and intellectulized it and placing value on my
being a professional Course Student, have had the finger pointed at
me..well, please,do you not see that your own fears of *ego,
seperation, disolution, and denial* certainly has not uplifted you.
You stay with your same past, only morphing it when needed.
May I propose this, perhaps you that feel so involved in the *course
community* can come up with your labeling of *course student* non
course student*..perhaps a hot pink star?????

Peace Be With Us All
DJ

Oh and yes I have read the course, all 3 sections, and applied the
lessons. I do not have the same distortions that I feel the book as
become. After all it is *A COURSE IN MIRCLES*....NOT *THE* COURSE IN
MIRACES*>>>thats why it is a individual study. (Getting off my soap
box now...smile...)
Question: Who is the mayor of *The Course Community?*
Katie
2007-08-29 16:50:51 UTC
What this has to do with ACIM coming from MKULTRA I'll never know.

What I do know is that within 10 minutes of posting it you were proving
yourself to be as much of a complete hypocrite as every other ACIM believer
I've ever met.

What part of ACIM do you suspect is responsible for the Universally held
belief among ACIMites that only The Other Guy is in need of correction?

I never met such a deaf, dumb, and blind buncha finger pointing hypocrites
in all my life! And I used to be a Democrat!
Chuck
2007-08-29 19:49:45 UTC
Post by Katie
There is one factual mistake in the following article, and it appears on a
website that includes the word "conspiracy".
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM, and can ignore and scoff at all the further
content of the article and anyone who even considers further thought or
research on the topic.
Tha author of the article apparently didn't take advantage of the
range of evidence that's been posted in this newsgroup. I did find a
reference to somethng I hadn't stumbled across, the infiltration of
seances and project SCANATE.
Katie
2007-08-29 21:15:01 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Katie
There is one factual mistake in the following article, and it appears on a
website that includes the word "conspiracy".
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM, and can ignore and scoff at all the further
content of the article and anyone who even considers further thought or
research on the topic.
Tha author of the article apparently didn't take advantage of the
range of evidence that's been posted in this newsgroup. I did find a
reference to somethng I hadn't stumbled across, the infiltration of
seances and project SCANATE.
You know, over the years I've found so much information that ties all of
this MKULTRA /ACIM scam together that I can't remember a lot of it myself.
That's one nice thing about permanent archives, however, since we can go
back and research any forgotten details.

Now that there seems to be a sudden burst of articles from different
sources, I guess the information has reached some point of critical mass, so
I suppose we'll begin to hear more and have more loose ends tied up.

This is all very good news, since ACIM is hardly the most devastating,
dangerous, or significant "results" of the MKULTRA mind control research
projects. But it is one of the earlier more transparent schemes that really
does serve to set the backdrop for the more carefully crafted philosophies
and groups.

The game is to follow the bouncing ball from name to name that appears in
the various articles and reports. Google is really our friend, as it's
almost unbelievable to watch the ball connect the dots. I wouldn't believe
it myself except for the fact that I've been bouncing that ball for quite
some time now, so nothing it does surprises me any longer.

It will be interesting to watch how all of this pans out. It's good to see
the larger ACIM "community" or branches of the Cult all a titter about the
information.
I predict endless diversions, excuses, rationalizations, character
assassinations, and much sabre rattling to come. I do not predict any
reasonable, rational, or ethical responses to the more widespread
publication of this old and factual information.

Should be fun to watch!
Chuck
2007-08-29 23:10:43 UTC
Post by Katie
Now that there seems to be a sudden burst of articles from different
sources, I guess the information has reached some point of critical mass, so
I suppose we'll begin to hear more and have more loose ends tied up.
I like trying to find a broader context for all this. History is
littered with the use of religious beliefs as a tool for manipulation
and control. History is also littered with the interrelationship of
religion and government. Constantine formalized that relationship for
much of the "western world" many moons ago and that relationship has
held for much of the time since then, with the exception of the last
300 or so years.

On the world stage there's a significant play to return to the
coercive intertwining of the forces of government and religion. In the
US, the fundies are also playing that card, and are not a group that I
think can be easily ignored. I think the instability in Iraq can be
traced in a significant part to differences in religious beliefs which
serve no tangible purpose, IMO, other than to divide and isolate.
Post by Katie
This is all very good news, since ACIM is hardly the most devastating,
dangerous, or significant "results" of the MKULTRA mind control research
projects. But it is one of the earlier more transparent schemes that really
does serve to set the backdrop for the more carefully crafted philosophies
and groups.
What I find interesting is that others are taking note of the
government - religion tie-ins. This has been something that I've
noticed since Bush's reelection. While the philosophy of the site you
referenced takes the popular media to task, I have noticed an uptick
within the popular media focusing on tie-ins.

Within my lifetime, I can't remember a president that was more
demonstrably "religious" than GW. I would have figured that Kennedy or
Nixon would have held this distinction, but surprisingly they were
very reserved. There's the tie between daddy Bush and the CIA.
Post by Katie
The game is to follow the bouncing ball from name to name that appears in
the various articles and reports. Google is really our friend, as it's
almost unbelievable to watch the ball connect the dots. I wouldn't believe
it myself except for the fact that I've been bouncing that ball for quite
some time now, so nothing it does surprises me any longer.
The power of search engines has reached my ability of formulate a
targeted search. The expansion of information available is also
awesome. It's becoming much more difficult to find reasons to blame
someone else or something else because doing so reduces to lack of
interest, laziness or self indulgence. So we can blame God.
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-29 23:20:23 UTC
Post by Chuck
I like trying to find a broader context for all this. History is
littered with the use of religious beliefs as a tool for manipulation
and control. History is also littered with the interrelationship of
religion and government.
None of this blather supports the NK Ultra theory of ACIM. One might argue
just the opposite.
Carrie
2007-08-29 23:30:54 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
I like trying to find a broader context for all this. History is
littered with the use of religious beliefs as a tool for manipulation
and control. History is also littered with the interrelationship of
religion and government.
None of this blather supports the NK Ultra theory of ACIM. One might argue
just the opposite.
Why does it matter if anyone believes this (the course and CIA mind
control, etc)?

What is there to defend? Does the Truth need it?
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-29 23:38:33 UTC
Post by Carrie
Why does it matter if anyone believes this (the course and CIA mind
control, etc)?
Why does it matter to you? Why did you post this?
You seem to think so.
Carrie
2007-08-29 23:59:59 UTC
Post by Carrie
What is there to defend? Does the Truth need it?
You seem to think so.
Was it you who said you would like course discussion here and not about
personalities?

If I remember right (checking with you to make sure) you suggested it to
me.

What I asked does the Truth need defense was intended for course
discussion.

Y ou turned it around and made it about me?

Confusing.
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 00:22:28 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Carrie
What is there to defend? Does the Truth need it?
You seem to think so.
Was it you who said you would like course discussion here and not about
personalities?
Here's where you made it about Gene:

"Why does it matter to you? Why did you post this? "

Its an amazing a complete a**hole like you demands answers and won't
answer questions.

Shove, it Carrie.
Carrie
2007-08-30 00:31:46 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
Post by Carrie
What is there to defend? Does the Truth need it?
You seem to think so.
Was it you who said you would like course discussion here and not about
personalities?
"Why does it matter to you? Why did you post this? "
Its an amazing a complete a**hole like you demands answers and won't
answer questions.
Shove, it Carrie.
And Gene isn't capable of saying this himself?

If he isn't the one who suggested to me we write about the course and not
personalities, he can tell me that, himself, too.

Why would I want, or even attempt to answer questions that you ask, when
I've seen over and over you aren't really interested in any real answers.
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 01:36:16 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
Post by Carrie
What is there to defend? Does the Truth need it?
You seem to think so.
Was it you who said you would like course discussion here and not about
personalities?
"Why does it matter to you? Why did you post this? "
Its an amazing a complete a**hole like you demands answers and won't
answer questions.
Shove, it Carrie.
And Gene isn't capable of saying this himself?
Really, cupcake? When did someone's capability of saying something
himself, ever stop you from voicing your opinion? You think I play by
the dumb rules you set up for your own advantage and attempt to push
on people?
Post by Carrie
If he isn't the one who suggested to me we write about the course and not
personalities, he can tell me that, himself, too.
Well gee, Carrie. He made it about you, because you made it about
him.
Post by Carrie
Why would I want, or even attempt to answer questions that you ask, when
I've seen over and over you aren't really interested in any real answers.
Right. Try answering a question that many people asked --why do
continually misquote people?
mr bill
2007-08-30 22:07:21 UTC
just out of curiosity

why does it matter to you what others do?
--
http://www.myspace.com/mrbill069
http://blog.myspace.com/mrbill069

Elizabeth Nicole (Libby)
Always and Forever
My Little Pookie Bear

We'll Love You Forever
We'll Like You For Always
As Long As We're Living
Our Baby You'll Be
k***@webtv.net
2007-08-30 22:16:26 UTC
~She has said many times that she does not
care what others think, feel or do.
~Could it be a troll? OMG - ya think?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Group: talk.religion.course-miracle Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2007, 5:07pm
(EDT-1) From: ***@yahoo.com (mr=A0bill)
just out of curiosity
why does it matter to you what others do?
--
http://www.myspace.com/mrbill069
http://blog.myspace.com/mrbill069
Elizabeth Nicole (Libby)
Always and Forever
My Little Pookie Bear
We'll Love You Forever
We'll Like You For Always
As Long As We're Living
Our Baby You'll Be
"Carrie" <***@kingcon.com> wrote in message news:fb4vk0$mqp$***@aioe.org...
"Gene Ward Smith" <***@chewbacca.org> wrote in message news:***@207.115.33.102...
Chuck <***@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1188429043.660160.226010@
50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:
Katie
2007-08-30 11:45:15 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
I like trying to find a broader context for all this. History is
littered with the use of religious beliefs as a tool for manipulation
and control. History is also littered with the interrelationship of
religion and government.
None of this blather supports the NK Ultra theory of ACIM. One might argue
just the opposite.
One could argue anything, but only one argument is the correct one.

What is this "NK Ultra" theory of ACIM" in the first place? Just so we have
a clue what your opposite argument might be?
bidhati
2007-08-29 19:54:13 UTC
Post by Katie
There is one factual mistake in the following article, and it appears on a
website that includes the word "conspiracy".
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM, and can ignore and scoff at all the further
content of the article and anyone who even considers further thought or
research on the topic.
Time for Joyful Celebration, all the Bad Enemies of ACIM have been
Defeated!!!
Have you sneered down your nose at a non-believer yet today?????
Hi Katie,
AMEN!!!! Just popped in to say hi! Although I don't have a lot of
time lately, I wish I had the time to join in this discussion. How
easily everyone forgets that we researched the MKULTRA Project quite
throughly! LOL It is good to see more articles that are suspicious of
the whole ACIM Project posted on the web now. I doubt that any of the
research others have done will be able to trickle past the self
induced brain wash that many of these people are so bent on holding
on to. And quite frankly, we did a lot of research into the CIA and
MKULTRA Projects, just to have all that we discovered fall on deaf
ears.
A person really has to be honest with themselves to ask themselves
why they have such a strong need to believe in something greater than
themselves. Honestly, looking at one's self and attempting to unravel
truth from fiction is so complex that most people cannot even fathom
the idea that they might have been duped from birth. The sad thing is
that believers have a variety of evolving (or should I say revolving)
stories to believe (depending on the religion) and the stories are
really geared to snare the minds of simpletons. It would overload
their pea brains to question why they believe what they believe, and
it would short circuit their whole neuronet system if they were to get
a glimpse of the pay-offs that they have received by believing.
Emotional feelings and 'feel special' pay-offs are one of the main
things that common people with mundane existences get for their
believing. The more fanatical they are, the sweeter the brain's
chemical cocktail is!!!

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I have to go!

Good to see ya!

bidhati
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-29 20:45:34 UTC
Post by bidhati
And quite frankly, we did a lot of research into the CIA and
MKULTRA Projects, just to have all that we discovered fall on deaf
ears.
You guys were Johhny-Come-Latelys who discovered nothing new. All you added
was stupidity.
Tom
2007-08-29 20:48:37 UTC
Post by bidhati
And quite frankly, we did a lot of research into the CIA and
MKULTRA Projects, just to have all that we discovered fall on deaf
ears.
Grne "You guys were Johhny-Come-Latelys who discovered nothing new.
All you added was stupidity."

~ ROTFLMAO!

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----
Inspirations from A Course in Miracles

http://www.cafepress.com/angelicvisions/
Katie
Who can you name who isn't stupid, Gene?
Katie
2007-08-29 21:34:35 UTC
Post by bidhati
Hi Katie,
AMEN!!!!
And Praise the Lard!! :D
Post by bidhati
How
easily everyone forgets that we researched the MKULTRA Project quite
throughly!
I'm sure they'd like to forget, anyway. :D
Post by bidhati
LOL It is good to see more articles that are suspicious of
the whole ACIM Project posted on the web now. I doubt that any of the
research others have done will be able to trickle past the self
induced brain wash that many of these people are so bent on holding
on to. And quite frankly, we did a lot of research into the CIA and
MKULTRA Projects, just to have all that we discovered fall on deaf
ears.
Yes, I'm sure that it will fall on the deaf ears of the hard core True
Believers, but my experience with exposing fakes and posers is that the main
effect will be on future growth for the Cult. These days people are
researching on the net before committing and getting involved in belief
systems and groups. We still get regular e-mails from folks who simply say,
"thanks for the heads-up, I"m moving on" in regards to the Liezaris scam.
I'm sure that the CF website is responsible for maintaining a fairly low
number of new recruits, and also a diminished quality of them, since the
info is now out there that would make any rational person stop and have a
clear think. I'm sure the same will be true of ACIM, as this information
begins to circulate to a wider audience, and more information comes out.
And more information will come out, I'm certain of that.
Post by bidhati
A person really has to be honest with themselves to ask themselves
why they have such a strong need to believe in something greater than
themselves.
Yes, I agree, and this doesn't just apply to ACIM Heads.
Post by bidhati
Honestly, looking at one's self and attempting to unravel
truth from fiction is so complex that most people cannot even fathom
the idea that they might have been duped from birth.
Despite extensive coverage of the topic by everyone from artists to pundits
to philosophers, I know. It's just amazing.

CNN is running a series about religion last week. I watched the segment on
Islam, and I have the one on Christianity recorded. The power that
superstitions can hold over people is really disconcerting. I would
challenge any TRCM ACIMite to view this report and not see themselves as
exactly the same as the most fervent of the Islamic fundamentalists in their
zeal to destroy the enemies of God on his behalf. I mean, give me a
freakin' break! The world is most definitely full of wild-eyed hate
mongering nutcases functioning under the banners of "religion" and "faith".
If you ask me, this is only proof that some people don't need much
instigation to bring out the worst in themselves.
Post by bidhati
The sad thing is
that believers have a variety of evolving (or should I say revolving)
LOL! Yes, you should say revolving!
Post by bidhati
stories to believe (depending on the religion) and the stories are
really geared to snare the minds of simpletons.
I think it's about being an emotional simpleton. There are unquestionably
many very otherwise intelligent people who believe in all sorts of amazing
nonsense.
Post by bidhati
It would overload
their pea brains to question why they believe what they believe, and
it would short circuit their whole neuronet system if they were to get
a glimpse of the pay-offs that they have received by believing.
Yes, I agree that there is an immense fear behind all of this. But again,
fear is emotional, not intellectual. I agree that at some point the brain
must shrivel in order to accomodate the immensity of Denial.
Post by bidhati
Emotional feelings and 'feel special' pay-offs are one of the main
things that common people with mundane existences get for their
believing. The more fanatical they are, the sweeter the brain's
chemical cocktail is!!!
Very much agreed!
Post by bidhati
Anyway, I could go on and on, but I have to go!
Sorry to see you go!!
Post by bidhati
Good to see ya!
You too, good buddy! Let's get caught up real soon!
2007-08-30 05:47:42 UTC
Post by Katie
We still get regular e-mails from folks who simply say,
"thanks for the heads-up, I"m moving on" in regards to the Liezaris scam.
I'm sure that the CF website is responsible for maintaining a fairly low
number of new recruits, and also a diminished quality of them, since the
info is now out there that would make any rational person stop and have a
clear think.
The Cosmic Fool Website is about as dead
as your brain, Katie. There's hardly any
activity going on there, but you says it
is responsible for exactly what? Gee you
have a really active imagination. If you
only had an active website to match. All
anybody has to do is check out how -few-
posts you have there to see what a lying
imbecile you are. Get medical attention.

The Cosmic Fool gets less hits than you:

www.cosmicfool.com
Carrie
2007-08-30 12:57:05 UTC
Post by A
We still get regular e-mails from folks who simply say, "thanks for the
heads-up, I"m moving on" in regards to the Liezaris scam. I'm sure that
the CF website is responsible for maintaining a fairly low number of new
recruits, and also a diminished quality of them, since the info is now
out there that would make any rational person stop and have a clear
think.
The Cosmic Fool Website is about as dead
as your brain, Katie. There's hardly any
activity going on there, but you says it
is responsible for exactly what? Gee you
have a really active imagination. If you
only had an active website to match. All
anybody has to do is check out how -few-
posts you have there to see what a lying
imbecile you are. Get medical attention.
www.cosmicfool.com
About as dead as the moderated talk religion course-miracles group that
was started over 2 years ago to have peaceful course discussion and get away
from the troublemakers and evil trolls

http://groups.google.com/group/Talk-Course-Miracles-Moderated?lnk=lr&hl=en

Does your comment make anyone who posts there brain dead, too?
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 13:36:30 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by A
[...]
So what are you crowing about? Most of the 60 or so posters who joined
the moderated group are NOT posting here, so one can assume they were
sincere in getting away from trolls and troublemakers in course
discussion.

Instead they decided to go elsewhere, but not TRCM.

Maybe that's because of the insincere, conflicting claims around here.
TRCM poster argue for peaceful discussion but also argue for the
unpeaceful course discussion. Which is pretty good way of insuring
there is hardly ever "peaceful course discussion," if that is in fact
what one is looking for.

If someone sincerely wants peace, and is not insincerely blowing smoke
up people's a** when they talk peace, the conditions for peace are not
hard to find.

You should learn the value of sincerity in interpersonal
relationships. And learn the destructive value of insincerity in
interpersonal relationships.Lying and manipulation doesn't always get
you what you want, unless what you want is general chaos and discord.
Carrie
2007-08-30 15:05:49 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
Post by A
[...]
And were you invited to their new group?
Post by Tera Free Nws
Maybe that's because of the insincere, conflicting claims around here.
TRCM poster argue for peaceful discussion but also argue for the
unpeaceful course discussion. Which is pretty good way of insuring
there is hardly ever "peaceful course discussion," if that is in fact
what one is looking for.
If someone sincerely wants peace, and is not insincerely blowing smoke
up people's a** when they talk peace, the conditions for peace are not
hard to find.
That's what I've said, why I come here, it's a challenge. Not let how
some seem to be, are choosing to be, for whatever reason effect me and how I
want to be.

The Peace of God, shouldn't depend on anyone else being (or not
being ) any certain way. This is a great place to practice, turning "Inward"
for answers and giving it to Holy Spirit to take care of, instead of trying
to fix something/someone "out there" on my computer screen and somehow make
them be different.
Post by Tera Free Nws
You should learn the value of sincerity in interpersonal
relationships. And learn the destructive value of insincerity in
interpersonal relationships.Lying and manipulation doesn't always get
you what you want, unless what you want is general chaos and discord.
You are the one who keeps seeing me this way and stating it as fact.
What, just for discussion, if I am NOT lying and manipulating like you
continually try and make me out as doing? Would that mean what I say would
have to be seen as somewhat true, something someone would have to look at
and deal with in themself, and not see it as all me, making stuff up out of
nothing?

Funny, at some point it usually shifts, and those you now see as
honest and telling the truth would be just like you see me, if they started
telling you "the truth" (as they see it) about you and how you come across
here. But, not many are going to do this, because they'd then get you
turning on them, and they've all seen what happens when someone is the focus
of your wraith.

And, you justify it as protecting A Course in Miracles, and this
UNMODERATED newsgroup, which has never been known for being very nice, even
before I wrote a word on it.

Today's friend can be tomorrows enemy and vice versa.

Why moderated course groups don't usually work, it's boring not h aving an
enemy. And moderated groups DO see and have enemies, too, they are the ones
who must be warned, deleted, sometimes banned and then talked about as "the
enemy" our moderated group is safe from. It's not so safe for those deemed
"the enemy" who are mainly ones who don't agree with the group.
Tom
2007-08-30 15:19:26 UTC
Carrie " Funny, at some point it usually shifts, and those you now
see as honest and telling the truth would be just like you see me, if
they started telling you "the truth" (as they see it) about you and
how you come across here. But, not many are going to do this, because
they'd then get you turning on them, and they've all seen what happens
when someone is the focus of your wraith."

~ Did the Holy Spirit guide you to make this absurd statement?

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----

Nancy
2007-08-31 05:51:23 UTC
Post by Tom
Carrie " Funny, at some point it usually shifts, and those you now
see as honest and telling the truth would be just like you see me, if
they started telling you "the truth" (as they see it) about you and
how you come across here. But, not many are going to do this, because
they'd then get you turning on them, and they've all seen what happens
when someone is the focus of your wraith."
I have no idea what you're saying here.
Post by Tom
~ Did the Holy Spirit guide you to make this absurd statement?
It doesn't make any sense to me at all.
There's just a bunch of words floating
around here on my screen. They don't
even add up to a concept. Maybe my
eyes are just tired. :)

n.
Post by Tom
Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 18:42:01 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
some seem to be, are choosing to be, for whatever reason effect me and how I
want to be.
The Peace of God, shouldn't depend on anyone else being (or not
being ) any certain way. This is a great place to practice, turning "Inward"
for answers and giving it to Holy Spirit to take care of, instead of trying
to fix something/someone "out there" on my computer screen and somehow make
them be different.
Right. How sincere can you be in this statement if you are a major
factor contributing to this newsgroup being a challenge? This is not a
statement seeking conditions of peace, rather its an insincere,
manipulative justification for continued strife and chaos.

This is the kind of cynical manipulation of course teachings which I
talked about. You recklessly use course quotes, course values, course
concepts to justify what is clearly ego values. And do so with
contempt, of people and A Course in Miracles and of people who
sincerely believe in A Course in Miracles.
Post by Carrie
Why moderated course groups don't usually work, it's boring not h aving an
enemy. And moderated groups DO see and have enemies, too, they are the ones
who must be warned, deleted, sometimes banned and then talked about as "the
enemy" our moderated group is safe from. It's not so safe for those deemed
"the enemy" who are mainly ones who don't agree with the group.
Really? I don't agree with the group or the newsgroup itself. I'm most
likely the most consistent critic of unmoderated course discussion.

On the other hand there is a big difference between disagreeing with
the group and the unmoderated formate and being an anti-ACIM bigot.
Moreover there are plenty of moderated groups that work and certainly
work in the sense that they are not forums for Anti-Course bigots
trashing course students and course teachings.

So again your insincerity shows. And also your willingness to invert
course teachings so that the evil you want will flourish at the
expense of others.
Carrie
2007-08-30 18:48:49 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
[...]
I've been told you (pretty sure) think I'm an idiot.

Do you give everyone you consider an idiot so much time and attention?
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 20:15:11 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Carrie
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
[...]
I've been told nearly everyone thinks you are an idiot.
Post by Carrie
Do you give everyone you consider an idiot so much time and attention?
Sure. When they are inverting what I think is important. Idiots
generally don't think of themselves as idiots until shown.
2007-08-30 16:20:03 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by A
[...]
The difference, idiot, is that posters from
that NG aren't bragging about the wonderful
impact they're having on oh so many people.

You can now go back to your regular program
of medication and study of troll technique.
Carrie
I guess that answers the question
Katie
2007-08-30 18:55:33 UTC
Post by A
The difference, idiot, is that posters from
that NG aren't bragging about the wonderful
impact they're having on oh so many people.
Which means that you have Spineless, Sharon, Kay, Tom and Carmen blocked to
name a few.

For the record, the Cosmic Fool is a SITE not a person. It has, without
question had wonderful impact on oh so many people, sorry to bust your
bubble, but that's a matter of public record.
2007-08-30 20:07:47 UTC
Post by Katie
For the record, the Cosmic Fool is a SITE not a person. It has, without
question had wonderful impact on oh so many people, sorry to bust your
bubble, but that's a matter of public record.
The public record shows you hardly have any
posts on your website, Mrs. CooCoo Bird. If
you call that a wonderful impact, I'll have
to agree. The less people there the better.
James
P.S.: Gotcha, dumbass!
Katie
2007-08-30 21:28:57 UTC
Post by James
Oh yeah!
Post by A
Post by Katie
For the record, the Cosmic Fool is a SITE not a person. It has, without
question had wonderful impact on oh so many people, sorry to bust your
bubble, but that's a matter of public record.
The public record shows you hardly have any
posts on your website, Mrs. CooCoo Bird. If
you call that a wonderful impact, I'll have
to agree. The less people there the better.
P.S.: Gotcha, dumbass!
Um, ok, have it your way, there are no posts there, it's all a big bust. I
feel so stupid!
James
2007-08-31 05:04:10 UTC
Post by James
Oh yeah!
Post by A
Post by Katie
For the record, the Cosmic Fool is a SITE not a person. It has, without
question had wonderful impact on oh so many people, sorry to bust your
bubble, but that's a matter of public record.
The public record shows you hardly have any
posts on your website, Mrs. CooCoo Bird. If
you call that a wonderful impact, I'll have
to agree. The less people there the better.
P.S.: Gotcha, dumbass!
Um, ok, have it your way, there are no posts there ...
I didn't claim there were -no- posts there, I'd
pointed out that contrary to you bragging about
your "wonderful impact on oh so many people", I
say the lack of volume of posts speaks volumes.
I feel so stupid!
Great. Now your feelings match your appearance.
2007-08-30 20:02:22 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by A
Post by Carrie
Post by A
[...]
No, there was never a question you're a troll.

P.S.: I don't post there. It's too interesting
having you, Hatie and Bitshiti all right here.
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 00:45:12 UTC
Post by bidhati
Hi Katie,
AMEN!!!! Just popped in to say hi! Although I don't have a lot of
time lately, I wish I had the time to join in this discussion. How
easily everyone forgets that we researched the MKULTRA Project quite
throughly! LOL
ROTFLMAO. You idiots couldn't research a paper bag. You're too lazy to
get the required source documents, to dumb and too lazy to read
Thetford's study, and reason that since Thetford's Personality study
might have been funded by the government, it follows that a spiritual
masterpiece was somehow pieced together and written by government
agents.

What's your level of education, Bidhati? How about the level of
suburban idiot whose greatest claim to anything approaching an
education was her time spent with Ramtha. About on the same level as
Katie, the wacko who claims she can conjugate French verbs, and
"Chuck," who most likely got a computer tech degree from some junior
college graduating technically degreed a**holes.

Yeah, you idiots are researchers! Post some more conspiracy articles
on UFO's and really prove your research skills!!!

Too funny
maz

rotflmbo!!!!!
2007-08-30 05:51:56 UTC
Post by bidhati
A person really has to be honest with themselves to ask themselves
why they have such a strong need to believe in something greater than
themselves.
It doesn't take a belief in anything
supernatural to believe in something
greater than -you-, Bitshiti. You're
about as deep as a urinal puddle and
just about as useful. What a wanker.

BTW, found out what sex you are yet?
Tera Free Nws
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-29 22:24:23 UTC
Post by Katie
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM,
Right. And the bulk of the article speculates on UFOs as a government
plot.

You must spend your time drunk, Marilyn.
Chuck
2007-08-29 23:21:36 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM,
Right. And the bulk of the article speculates on UFOs as a government
plot.
You must spend your time drunk, Marilyn.
The article mentions UFOs once. It's in conjunction with something
else that the article does mention repetitively, the supposed
paranormal powers of mediums. Your powers of deduction and logic are
truly uninspiring. The whole idea of logic and reason is to connect
the dots. What channel are you tuned into?
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-29 23:27:05 UTC
Post by Chuck
The whole idea of logic and reason is to connect
the dots.
The dots remain unconnected, however. The theory in question is a crazy
one, for obvious reasons.
Chuck
2007-08-30 00:40:35 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
The whole idea of logic and reason is to connect
the dots.
The dots remain unconnected, however. The theory in question is a crazy
one, for obvious reasons.
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 01:06:16 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
The whole idea of logic and reason is to connect
the dots.
The dots remain unconnected, however. The theory in question is a crazy
one, for obvious reasons.
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
You're too lazy to connect the dots, if the dots even connect. If your
theory is that important write a book or essay and sign your name, and
connect the dots. Then defend your position.

Generally what's obvious to a intellectually lazy delusional crank,
can't be put down on paper without revealing that the writer is an
intellectually lazy delusional crank.
Chuck
2007-08-30 23:14:45 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Chuck
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
The whole idea of logic and reason is to connect
the dots.
The dots remain unconnected, however. The theory in question is a crazy
one, for obvious reasons.
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
You're too lazy to connect the dots, if the dots even connect. If your
theory is that important write a book or essay and sign your name, and
connect the dots. Then defend your position.
Generally what's obvious to a intellectually lazy delusional crank,
can't be put down on paper without revealing that the writer is an
intellectually lazy delusional crank.
When I anoint you as the moderator of my thoughts and expressions,
I'll give your requests some consideration. Until then, this is an
informal discussion group, not a scholarly, peer reviewed, forum. If
you think the measures expressed towards me are an important part of
this forum, then apply them to yourself first and then to everyone
else using your model as a demonstration. When you have done this, I
might consider changing my ways. Until then, you are demonstrating
what you accuse me of, and to that I say f*ck off.
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-30 01:15:40 UTC
Post by Chuck
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort, given no
benefits, and carried huge risks. Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 01:57:33 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort, given no
benefits, and carried huge risks. Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
~Well the theory that Katie Marilyn Dean Vollmer and "Chuck," are paid
debunkers connects some dots. After all debunking ACIM appears Katie
and Chuck only job and they have done so daily for years. If we are
speculating, how it is any more far out to speculate that Katie Dean
and "Chuck," are paid to trash ACIM by the CIA?
Carrie
2007-08-30 02:15:28 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort, given no
benefits, and carried huge risks. Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
~Well the theory that Katie Marilyn Dean Vollmer and "Chuck," are paid
debunkers connects some dots. After all debunking ACIM appears Katie
and Chuck only job and they have done so daily for years. If we are
speculating, how it is any more far out to speculate that Katie Dean
and "Chuck," are paid to trash ACIM by the CIA?
You get Katie's name is Marilyn because that's the name of the person who
was calling Sheryl's cell phone from FL? And Sheryl knew it was really Katie
because the women knew about people on this newgroup (apparently they talked
about them during the calls) and Katie had moved to FL because that's where
Lazaris was- even though Katie wanted nothing to do with Lazaris and their
group, going by what she'd written?

But, what they hey, if Sheryl believes it, it must be true. Even though
I'm sure Katie knows what her name is and where she lives more than Sheryl
does.

Talk about making stuff up and gossip
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 02:23:00 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
[...]
Hey, nut case. If you think its made up then ask if Marilyn is not one
her names.
Carrie
2007-08-30 02:45:55 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
[...]
I didn't say you made it up, I asked if you got it from Sheryl's story
about the woman named Marilyn calling her cell phone from FL she knew was
Katie.
Tera Free Nws
Good. Then your little squirrel brain should not have a problem.
Katie
2007-08-30 11:53:07 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
[...]
It's a great illustration of how spurious claims become false beliefs that
become adopted as the Divine Word of God.
mr bill

Katie
2007-08-31 15:58:04 UTC
Post by Carrie
Post by Tera Free Nws
~Well the theory that Katie Marilyn Dean Vollmer and "Chuck," are paid
debunkers connects some dots. After all debunking ACIM appears Katie
and Chuck only job and they have done so daily for years. If we are
speculating, how it is any more far out to speculate that Katie Dean
and "Chuck," are paid to trash ACIM by the CIA?
Talk about making stuff up and gossip
I know, huh?

The double standard is one way one can identify a destructive cult

Can you imagine the CIA paying anyone to debunk Loopy Lopez? These
Assholeys do flatter themselves needlessly!

I hope it's booze that's behind Loopy's bizarre behavior. Otherwise he
could have a brain tumor or something.

Not that his "friends" here are interested in his well-being. They're
interested in the well-being of the Cult, and John is such a braindead
zombie sabre rattler, it would harm the Defense Strategy were his mind to
clear, even for a second or two.
Nancy

n.
Tera Free Nws
Everything is not as it seems, Nancy. Look deeper.
Nancy
2007-08-30 06:15:09 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Nancy
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
[...]
Perhaps. :) I have a relative by marriage who works
for one of the agencies and who, or so I'm told,
spends most of her time scouting for terrorists and
trying to foment discord in various interest groups.

These days, very little is as it seems. :) It's a
good week to be a Democrat, though. (imo)

n.
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 11:24:20 UTC
Post by Nancy
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Nancy
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
[...]
Agent Provocateur. On the Internet. Paid to forment discord?

How can you tell if they are paid or not?

Does it matter?
Carrie
2007-08-30 13:23:16 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Nancy
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Nancy
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
[...]
One point would be, whether they are paid or not, if they (anyone) is
here purposely to disrupt groups, and nobody was disrupted by them, it would
be a waste of time for them coming here attempting to do it, wouldn't it?

Nobody can disrupt anyone, if they aren't "disrupted" by them.

If someone is getting paid to disrupt and nobody is disrupted, they
might not make much money doing it.
mr bill

n.
Katie
2007-08-30 11:49:49 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort, given no
benefits, and carried huge risks. Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
So, in other words, you haven't read one word about what the CIA was up to
during the years surrounding the alleged "channeling" of ACIM. Have you?

Do you think that hiding your head up your ass and screaming "You're stupid
and crazy" is the mark of genius? Why don't you read up on the topic, and
provide us with a scholarly rebuttal to the "theory" that ACIM came out of
an MK-ULTRA think tank?
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 13:20:31 UTC
Post by Katie
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort, given no
benefits, and carried huge risks. Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
So, in other words, you haven't read one word about what the CIA was up to
during the years surrounding the alleged "channeling" of ACIM. Have you?
Do you think that hiding your head up your ass and screaming "You're stupid
and crazy" is the mark of genius? Why don't you read up on the topic, and
provide us with a scholarly rebuttal to the "theory" that ACIM came out of
an MK-ULTRA think tank?
I've read up on the "topic," and there is nothing to rebut. There is
nothing in the offered facts more than a government interest in
Thetford's personality study, at Columbia.

There's no proof the study was even funded by the government.

If you wish to make a case, do the work. Don't give me garbage and
tell me what you want it to mean.
Chuck
2007-08-30 22:54:37 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
My crystal ball is broken. I got pissed because it didn't give me the
right information about the recent market moves. If you would be kind
enough to explicate the obvious (and to whom it's obvious), I would be
grateful. TIA
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort,
I don't see it as a conspiracy, but rather as a possible research
subject area. We do know from the public records that the CIA
conducted a large number of these subject area research projects. I
agree that a great effort would be required, and at the time there was
a great effort afoot, it was the Vietnam war effort and there was a
divided country. The so called "Peace Movement" was making inroads
into public opinion about the war which was counter to the interests
of the executive branch and the military-industrial complex. There is
also the interest by the government and the military in the use of
religion as a tool of manipulation against POWs. These identifiable
interests *could* provide a possible context. Unfortunately, many of
the records of MK-ULTRA were destroyed before they could be added to
the collection of data accessible. I don't know if neither, either or
both of the possible reasons are in play, but considering the
possibilities is not something I can easily dismiss because I was part
of the military-industrial complex at the time, I was trained to use
religion as a tool of manipulation and trained against its use on me,
and I was threatened with punishment if I supported the "Peace
Movement" in any way.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
given no benefits, and carried huge risks.
I think your conclusion begs the question of whose value system is in
play. From what is known of the MK-ULTRA programs, there were
projects that resulted in no apparent benefit and carried huge risks,
so this argument isn't supported by the record that we do know, IMO.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
I don't consider someone playing an ostrich to be rational. To suggest
that Katie is my mentor, much less render it explicit as you have done
above, is the epitome of crazy theories. Based on this, I question any
opinion or judgement you would offer to anyone. Whatever your talents
may be, sizing people up is obviously not one of them. Do you have any
meaningful relationships with adults in 3D that aren't blood kin or
imposed or presupposed by your employment?
Lee
2007-08-30 23:15:42 UTC
.... Whatever your talents
may be, sizing people up is obviously not one of them.
Given the entire online world from which to pick
a cherished and respected friend, you wound up
selecting.. Katie Dean Vollmer. Six long years ago.

Sizing up people is not your strong suit, Chuck.
And there is that dog and flea thing to consider,
before complaining about how you're sized up here.

~ Lee
Chuck
2007-08-31 00:38:58 UTC
Post by Lee
.... Whatever your talents
may be, sizing people up is obviously not one of them.
Given the entire online world from which to pick
a cherished and respected friend, you wound up
selecting.. Katie Dean Vollmer. Six long years ago.
Sizing up people is not your strong suit, Chuck.
And there is that dog and flea thing to consider,
before complaining about how you're sized up here.
~ Lee
My personal relationship with Katie has little to do with the on-line
world - I've stated this before and I don't understand why you persist
in stating it differently. Why do you view my choices with such a
clouded filter if not from bias and prejudice that you object to
coming from others? Seeing my comments as a complaint is your
projection as well. I have no interest in anyone's measurement of me
here, to suggest that it could or should is egotistical hubris. I do
interest myself in the inconsistencies of others as they apply them to
me. We've been through all this before. If someone feels I have
treated them inconsistently with how they have treated me, I'm
interested in that as well. I am not interested in someone's
perspective of how I treat one individual compared to how I treat
another individual, when either or both of those individuals are
someone else - something you persist in doing. I am not interested in
someone tallying when I've supported one individual and challenged
another and coming to a conclusion based on their "logic and
reasoning". I call what I do being able to relate to an individual as
an individual, something that seems to get glossed here. I think
relationships are unique co-creations.

But when it comes to the on-line world, I place little value in the
relationships that are co-created solely on-line. Potential and
realization are two different things, IMO. Something else that seems
to get glossed here. This is a virtual reality within a "dream" in
ACIM terms as I understand your use of them, hence twice removed from
what ACIM purportedly addresses them in my understanding of your
interpretation. So the thought occurs to me, "Get Real, Lee". And when
you do and can extrapolate it back to something twice removed from the
reality that it seems to me that your interpretation of ACIM espouses
AND the interpretation that you promote, let me know. Until then, you
are left to deal with your creations of which I am not a part, and you
are simply using me as you have repetitively demonstrated using
others.
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-31 01:54:34 UTC
Post by Chuck
My personal relationship with Katie has little to do with the on-line
world - I've stated this before and I don't understand why you persist
in stating it differently.
People are judged by the company they keep, as Frank Sinatra discovered to
his sorrow.
Katie
2007-08-31 13:37:05 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
My personal relationship with Katie has little to do with the on-line
world - I've stated this before and I don't understand why you persist
in stating it differently.
People are judged by the company they keep, as Frank Sinatra discovered to
his sorrow.
True, and some people's judgements aren't worth the time it takes them to
snap onto them, unless you happen to be interested in what all this
"speeeeeeeeeeeeeeritchuality" schtick is all about, that is.

I know you think this Cheezy Cult represents normal society, but in fact, it
does not. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Some people's disaproval serves more as an endorsement than a disparagement.
That would include yours and your fellow misfit creepy culties, Gene.

Do you have an functional friends in 3D, Gene? You know, people who do
normal things, like hang out, shoot the shit, enjoy each other's company,
share interesting anecdotes, maybe have a meal, and just generally feel good
about each other?

If so, there are NO signs of that in the history of your internet
interactions. Actually, there are no signs that any of you Creepy Culties
have a clue what a normal social interaction would look like. You're all
too busy shaking your heads and hissing about how Special and Important you
are to see or hear anything pleasant, usual, or normal from others,
including your own alleged cult "friends".

Who gives a shit about your judgements, really?
mr bill

Katie
2007-08-31 15:50:42 UTC
Post by mr bill
apparently you do, since to jump like a rabbit to react to most of them.
Yes, that's correct. I feel so stupid.
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-31 00:05:04 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Gene Ward Smith
The proposed conspiracy would have required great effort,
I don't see it as a conspiracy, but rather as a possible research
subject area.
The proposed "research" would have required great effort, and a
conspiracy.
Post by Chuck
We do know from the public records that the CIA
conducted a large number of these subject area research projects.
History does not record a single example of similar research, by the CIA
or anyone else. This perhaps is due in part to the fact that getting it
to work would probably be impossible. We then have the added difficulty
that while it was hardly necessary for research purposes, you've got a
manuscript written by some unidentified genius. Where did the CIA get
this person, and why did they feel it was necessary to introduce an
anonymous genius into the mix? What interest did the CIA have in
influencing religious ideas in America and elsewhere on a long-term
basis? It seems you are postulating they wanted to introduce an
alternative to mainstread Christianity, but not one which seems to confer
any benefits to the CIA or to American interests.
Post by Chuck
a great effort afoot, it was the Vietnam war effort and there was a
divided country. The so called "Peace Movement" was making inroads
into public opinion about the war which was counter to the interests
of the executive branch and the military-industrial complex.
This is, of course, irrelevant as ACIM was not helpful towards combatting
the Peace Movement; in fact, it's a good deal more helpful to pacificism.
This is like a conspiracy of the CIA to support the (traditional, not
Nixonian) Quakers.
Post by Chuck
There is
also the interest by the government and the military in the use of
religion as a tool of manipulation against POWs.
Can you document any such interest on behalf of the US government circa
1970? And again, as a tool of manipulation ACIM, which does not believe
in organized religion, is a singularly inappropriate tool. It's the CIA
supporting the Quakers theory yet again.
Post by Chuck
I was trained to use
religion as a tool of manipulation and trained against its use on me,
and I was threatened with punishment if I supported the "Peace
Movement" in any way.
Oh, really? Care to expand on this? The military, are you claiming, was
using religion to manipulate Americans and American policy?
Post by Chuck
I think your conclusion begs the question of whose value system is in
play. From what is known of the MK-ULTRA programs, there were
projects that resulted in no apparent benefit and carried huge risks,
so this argument isn't supported by the record that we do know, IMO.
There is no record of them taking a risk of this size, which might have
destroyed the CIA. It's a lot more risky to play around with subverting
traditional Christianity than it is to feed some schlub LSD. People
simply would not stand for it.
Post by Chuck
I don't consider someone playing an ostrich to be rational.
Then you don't consider yourself to be rational, since burying your head
in the sand over the question of Katie's uncertain grip on sanity is your
stock in trade.
Post by Chuck
To suggest
that Katie is my mentor, much less render it explicit as you have done
above, is the epitome of crazy theories.
It's not a theory, but an observation all of us here have made.
Post by Chuck
Whatever your talents
may be, sizing people up is obviously not one of them.
A person who hangs out with Katie, calls her a friend, and considers her
to be a reasonable person is in no position to say this.
Chuck
2007-08-31 01:26:15 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
We do know from the public records that the CIA
conducted a large number of these subject area research projects.
History does not record a single example of similar research, by the CIA
or anyone else.
What is your specific referent for a "single example of similar
research". It is possible to refine the search terms to support your
statement, my question is how much refinement is intended by your
statement.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
This perhaps is due in part to the fact that getting it
to work would probably be impossible.
I think it depends on the intended purpose of the original charter and
the subsequent purpose that Helen, Bill, Ken and Judy subsequently
took the work into. At the time, there was funding that was available
to explore various subject areas that the "government" considered
interesting and worth exploration. The government hired what they
considered subject area experts or willing and able researchers to
explore those areas. From the historic record, it is possible to
assign the adjective "speculative" to a number of these areas. From
the record, it is also possible to assign the adjective "intrusive" to
some of these areas. I think it is also important to note that the
government did not generally place any restrictions on the use of the
work or derivated works associated with what they funded. IOW,
whatever resulted from the study or work could be made available to
anyone else unless there wee specific restrictions, which there were
not in general.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
We then have the added difficulty
that while it was hardly necessary for research purposes, you've got a
manuscript written by some unidentified genius. Where did the CIA get
this person, and why did they feel it was necessary to introduce an
anonymous genius into the mix?
The assignment of genius is your choice. From what I have read of
Helen and Bill, I don't think the work is beyond their collaborative
efforts, and I wouldn't ascribe it to something beyond the human
imagination.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
What interest did the CIA have in
influencing religious ideas in America and elsewhere on a long-term
basis?
I didn't claim this. I stated the possibilities and they had nothing
to do with influencing the long term religious beliefs of mainstream
America.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
It seems you are postulating they wanted to introduce an
alternative to mainstread Christianity, but not one which seems to confer
any benefits to the CIA or to American interests.
No, the possibilities I mentioned were a disruption of the "Peace
Movement" and an understanding of the use of religion as a
manipulation of POWs.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
I agree that a great effort would be required, and at the time there was
a great effort afoot, it was the Vietnam war effort and there was a
divided country. The so called "Peace Movement" was making inroads
into public opinion about the war which was counter to the interests
of the executive branch and the military-industrial complex.
This is, of course, irrelevant as ACIM was not helpful towards combatting
the Peace Movement; in fact, it's a good deal more helpful to pacificism.
This is like a conspiracy of the CIA to support the (traditional, not
Nixonian) Quakers.
What was the "Peace Movement" if not a call to pacifism? Now we can
explore who ACIM could possibly be used to thwart that, purely
speculative.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
There is
also the interest by the government and the military in the use of
religion as a tool of manipulation against POWs.
Can you document any such interest on behalf of the US government circa
1970? And again, as a tool of manipulation ACIM, which does not believe
in organized religion, is a singularly inappropriate tool. It's the CIA
supporting the Quakers theory yet again.
I know what I experienced in the military and what I was trained to
do. If you want current day confirmation, look at what is being
alleged in Gitmo and what has been adjudicated in Iraq as it relates
to the use of and exploitation of religious beliefs. The interest of
the US government can be traced back to the Korean War.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
I was trained to use
religion as a tool of manipulation and trained against its use on me,
and I was threatened with punishment if I supported the "Peace
Movement" in any way.
Oh, really? Care to expand on this? The military, are you claiming, was
using religion to manipulate Americans and American policy?
No, that's not what was written. I was trained in it's use as a war
time tool, which was what existed at the time and exists now.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
I think your conclusion begs the question of whose value system is in
play. From what is known of the MK-ULTRA programs, there were
projects that resulted in no apparent benefit and carried huge risks,
so this argument isn't supported by the record that we do know, IMO.
There is no record of them taking a risk of this size, which might have
destroyed the CIA. It's a lot more risky to play around with subverting
traditional Christianity than it is to feed some schlub LSD. People
simply would not stand for it.
Look at the record. The Church Committee effectively eviscerated the
CIA within the US where it had no business operating to begin with.
The rest is your extrapolation based on something I didn't state.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
I don't consider someone playing an ostrich to be rational.
Then you don't consider yourself to be rational, since burying your head
in the sand over the question of Katie's uncertain grip on sanity is your
stock in trade.
The last time I checked, a PhD in math did not confer the ability to
diagnose someone over the internet. Nor does it confer a Doctor of
Divinity.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
To suggest
that Katie is my mentor, much less render it explicit as you have done
above, is the epitome of crazy theories.
It's not a theory, but an observation all of us here have made.
I can prove that incorrect with one exception - sheryl thinks I'm
Katie.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
Whatever your talents
may be, sizing people up is obviously not one of them.
A person who hangs out with Katie, calls her a friend, and considers her
to be a reasonable person is in no position to say this.
I noticed you didn't answer my question. I have made no value
judgements of Katie's behavior here that you can base your conclusion
on. It seems that you, John, Lee and Alan have a problem with that. It
isn't my problem.
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-31 16:32:34 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Gene Ward Smith
History does not record a single example of similar research, by the CIA
or anyone else.
What is your specific referent for a "single example of similar
research". It is possible to refine the search terms to support your
statement, my question is how much refinement is intended by your
statement.
To start with, what is an example of a plot to see if you can get someone
to think they are channeling?
Tom
2007-08-31 16:38:55 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Gene Ward Smith
History does not record a single example of similar research, by the CIA
or anyone else.
What is your specific referent for a "single example of similar
research". It is possible to refine the search terms to support your
statement, my question is how much refinement is intended by your
statement.
Gene "To start with, what is an example of a plot to see if you can
get someone to think they are channeling?"

~ I'm glad you didn't question the telepathic projector beam we
recovered from the crash site at Roswell in 1947. Everyone knows
about that one. And besides, it would be really silly of Chuck to
wrap his head in aluminum foil every night for no good reason at all.

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----

Katie
2007-08-31 13:18:02 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Chuck
We do know from the public records that the CIA
conducted a large number of these subject area research projects.
History does not record a single example of similar research, by the CIA
or anyone else.
I suppose the depends on what you mean by the word "history". If that
includes Senate Committee Hearing sworn testimonies, public documents,
statements, corroborations, journalistic reports, etc.

Because you don't want to believe something, so you discount any information
in regards to the subject of your hysterical denial, that does not mean that
it never happened.

Fear laden smirking smugster headshakers like you have been making fools of
themselves since the beginning of time by denying scary new revelations that
threaten to shatter your cherished delusions.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
This perhaps is due in part to the fact that getting it
to work would probably be impossible.
The CIA snookered the US Congress into providing them with immense and
seemingly limitless funding on the claim that this "research" was vital to
our national security, because espionage agents had reported that the Soviet
Union was conducting these experiements with great success. Every
sleazeball shrink or member of the psychiatric community who had a half of a
clue knew that all they had to do was promise any result, no matter how
far-fetched that would suit the mood of the times. Your naivete in
presuming that our or any government, especially the security agencies
acts with efficiency and accuracy is rather glaring and significant.

"These studies weren't conducted merely to satisfy the CIA's
scientific curiosity -- the Agency was looking for weapons that would give
the United States the upper hand in the mind wars. Toward that objective,
the Agency poured millions of dollars into studies probing literally dozens
of methods of influencing and controlling the mind. One 1955 MKULTRA
document gives an indication of the size and range of the effort; the memo
refers to the study of an assortment of mind-altering substances which
would:

"promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the
recipient would be discredited in public"

"increase the efficiency of mentation and perception"

"prevent or counteract the intoxicating effect of alcohol"

"promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol"

"produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible
way so that they may be used for malingering, etc."

"render the indication of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its
usefulness"

"enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture
and coercion during interrogation and so-called 'brainwashing'"

"produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use"

"produc[e] shock and confusion over extended periods of time and
capable of surreptitious use"

"produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute
anemia, etc."

"produce 'pure' euphoria with no subsequent let-down"

"alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the
recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced"

"cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its
influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under
questioning"

"lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when
administered in undetectable amounts"

"promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties,
preferably without permanent effects"

*******Few of MKULTRA's objectives were realized,***** but the very
conduct of these experiments caused many critics of the CIA to argue that
successful or not, CIA scientists shouldn't pry at the doors of perception.

http://www.meta-religion.com/Secret_societies/Conspiracies/Mind_Control/mkultra.htm

Tom
2007-08-31 15:24:25 UTC
Katie "Because you don't want to believe something, so you discount
any information in regards to the subject of your hysterical denial,
that does not mean that it never happened."

~ Well, you see, the fact that Bill Thetford once worked for the CIA
before going into academia, and he did in fact once work directly for
the CIA, simply adds credibility to his account of how "A Course in
Miracles" came about. Anyone, other than a flaming idiot, realizes on
some level that people who are hired to work for the CIA are sober,
skeptical, and level-headed, are not religious fanatics or mentally
unbalanced, and are not given to flights of fancy. To be considered
trustworthy by this nations most un-trusting and skeptical agency is
quite an accomplishment, and it is a mark of distinction.

~ The fact that the nay-sayers, or those in "hysterical denial" as
you put it, have to twist yourself into odd and painful shapes
pursuing frantic attempts to cast doubt onto the origins of ACIM is a
pure testament that ACIM's origins are solid and beyond question, and
that Bill Thetford is a government certified reliable witness.

Katie " Fear laden smirking smugster headshakers like you have been
making fools of themselves since the beginning of time by denying
scary new revelations that threaten to shatter your cherished
delusions."

~ Right back at you, toots.

~ Bill Thetford and Helen Schucman were long-term research professors
at Columbia University.

~ Who the fuck are you?

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----

Tom
2007-08-31 15:32:26 UTC
"Bill Thetford and Helen Schucman were long-term research professors
at Columbia University."

~ Hmmmm . . . who are we to believe? On the one hand we have two PhD
professors at Columbia University, and on the other hand we have Ms.
Internet Flame Queen second runner up, Lazarus reject, Katie "please
pay attenetion to me" Dean.

~ Did you ever listen to Jackson Brown's song "Running on Empty"?

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----

maz
2007-08-31 15:46:25 UTC
Katie " Fear laden smirking smugster headshakers like you have been
making fools of themselves since the beginning of time by denying
scary new revelations that threaten to shatter your cherished
delusions."

~ Right back at you, toots

How eloquently put and affirmative
of the Course's description of the
separation. :-) Now the waking-up part,
please.

namazté
Katie
What cherished delusions of mine are you referring to, specifically?
Tom
2007-08-31 16:06:31 UTC
Post by Tom
Katie " Fear laden smirking smugster headshakers like you have been
making fools of themselves since the beginning of time by denying
scary new revelations that threaten to shatter your cherished
delusions."
~ Right back at you, toots
Katie "What cherished delusions of mine are you referring to,
specifically?"

~ Any of them. All of them. Take your pick.

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----

Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-31 15:58:52 UTC
Post by Tom
Anyone, other than a flaming idiot, realizes on
some level that people who are hired to work for the CIA are sober,
skeptical, and level-headed, are not religious fanatics or mentally
unbalanced, and are not given to flights of fancy.
I doubt he would have been on the Manhatten Project if people thought he
was a lunatic. Of course since his field was psychological testing, he
might have been there for the purpose of weeding out any lunatics. To the
extent you can tell the difference between them and physicists...
Tom
2007-08-31 16:11:17 UTC
Gene "I doubt he would have been on the Manhatten Project if people
thought he was a lunatic. Of course since his field was psychological
testing, he might have been there for the purpose of weeding out any
lunatics. To the extent you can tell the difference between them and
physicists..."

~ He was also stationed in Beirut for a year. Doing what, I don't
know, but that was on the front lines of the cold war during the
1950's.

Tom Fox
Louisville, KY
-----

Tera Free Nws
2007-08-31 16:16:06 UTC
Post by Katie
Fear laden smirking smugster headshakers like you have been making fools of
themselves since the beginning of time by denying scary new revelations that
threaten to shatter your cherished delusions.
~Well, Katie I've been listing to your rants for years. You still
haven't made a compelling case for giving up belief in God, for belief
in the Republican party. Its true God, might not exist, but there is
plenty of evidence that Republican party doesn't exist either. At
least not in the ways people think it exists.

There are nearly 5b in put options betting that the stock market will
lose 30% of it value in the next few weeks.
This volatility doesn't look good for for Republican and suburban
types. Especially those who thinks a day's work is typing BS on the
Internet.

In other words, belief in God is looking better and better. Before
this is over you might be adjusting your view point based on scary new
revelations that threaten your cherished illusions.
maz
2007-08-31 16:36:00 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
[...]
So what's cooking, John? I don't follow main media press,
but when there's stockmarket turmoil, ususally some plan
is unfolding. Should I know more? I trust if so, you'll tell me.

thanks, maz
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-31 17:19:01 UTC
Post by maz
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
[...]
Well lets say I hope I'm growing my own food, before Wal Mart runs out
of food.

A house of cards financial structure, with major, tremendous
demographic change, together with martial laws already on the books,
and a major War on the horizon doesn't paint an encouraging picture
for the American Dream and those who believe they have arrived. Could
be tomorrow, six months, six years,

Add this to major geological events like the melting of the ice caps
and all bets are off.

Plenty people around here are moving assets to rural areas and
creating communes and compounds. A sign of the time. Most people
wouldn't have considered this rational, even a few years ago. People
who learned the lessons of Katrina do not want to be in the cities
when things start falling apart.
Deborah
2007-08-31 17:33:12 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by maz
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
[...]
Well it's gloom and doom, but clearly the US economy is in trouble and
it is already affecting Canada. It will eventually affect every
nation involved in what is now a global economy.

Not looking good right now.

Deborah (BC)
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-31 18:54:35 UTC
Post by Deborah
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by maz
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
[...]
Well, hell if you going to die, die with your boots on. Come down here
and learn to drive a tractor and shoot an assault rifle. It could be
like the American "Exodus." Mythic!

At the very least you might have an opportunity to take some bastards
with you when you go. Better than waiting to die. Hell, bring it on.

We can teach metaphysics to the children with a AK on our lap. You
know sort like this newsgroup. How do you know God's plan? You might
go down in history. In the future children might sing songs about you.
You might be the mother of entire future generation. And you want to
check out without even a squeal.

Nancy
2007-08-31 05:46:27 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Hence, to a rational person, a group
which clearly does not encompass your mentor Katie, it's a crazy theory.
I don't consider someone playing an ostrich to be rational. To suggest
that Katie is my mentor, much less render it explicit as you have done
above, is the epitome of crazy theories. Based on this, I question any
opinion or judgement you would offer to anyone. Whatever your talents
may be, sizing people up is obviously not one of them. Do you have any
meaningful relationships with adults in 3D that aren't blood kin or
imposed or presupposed by your employment?
You guys put so much effort into being
precious and self-congratulatory that
it's difficult to tell what your point is
exactly.

n.
Gene Ward Smith
2007-08-31 05:54:42 UTC
Post by Nancy
You guys put so much effort into being
precious and self-congratulatory that
it's difficult to tell what your point is
exactly.
Chuck is trying to prove he has a life by posting to a newsgroup whose
subject matter he disdains. Apparently, he is under the impression it
worked for Katie.
Katie
Yes, apparently!
Lee
2007-08-31 14:08:33 UTC
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Post by Nancy
You guys put so much effort into being
precious and self-congratulatory that
it's difficult to tell what your point is
exactly.
Chuck is trying to prove he has a life by posting to a newsgroup whose
subject matter he disdains.
And trying to prove it to people he disdains.
Post by Gene Ward Smith
Apparently, he is under the impression it worked for Katie.
Who apparently has no life at all, anywhere
else on the internet. We ARE her online life.
We may be the extent of her social life.. period.
(How surprising would that be, after all.)

~ Lee
Katie
Obvious to whom? What are they?
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-29 23:39:46 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37
Therefore, by Assholey logic, we have proof that the CIA had nothing to do
with the scribing of ACIM,
Right. And the bulk of the article speculates on UFOs as a government
plot.
You must spend your time drunk, Marilyn.
The article mentions UFOs once.
~Bull shit. There's are pages. And drawings of UFO's and "aliens."
There's a picture of a UFO hovering over a man. The whole piece from
beginning to end is tacky.

As far as I can see there isn't even an acknowledged author. If there
is tell me who wrote this tabloid trash.

Here's a thesis sentence:

"Is a new religion being created for the new millennium - a religion
in which the gods have become highly advanced extraterrestrial
beings?"

Gee, "Chuck," it hardly surprising that someone who doesn't
acknowledge authorship of his posts, thinks tabloid hit pieces without
an acknowledged author are somehow evidence for his crack pot ideas.
Chuck
2007-08-30 00:36:54 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Chuck
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
[...]
The article mentions UFOs once. The site contains multiple references
to UFOs. The site contains multiple articles. Is this beyond your
ability to comprehend?
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 01:01:41 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Chuck
Post by Tera Free Nws
Post by Katie
[...]
Multiple articles? Hard to tell when there is no author attributed to
the articles and they are all linked in sequence.

Gee, and you somehow think this is legitimate research? You just
placed your so called research in the category of UFO conspiracy
speculation. Which is where it belongs.

If you had an ounce of integrity or sincerity that you actually
believed what you claim about MKULTRA and ACIM. its hard to understand
why you would recklessly discredit your claims by posting this
garbage.

Only makes sense if your throwing shit on the wall and hopes something
sticks.
Chuck
2007-08-30 23:06:09 UTC
Post by Tera Free Nws
Gee, and you somehow think this is legitimate research?
I don't know where you fabricated this idea from. I did not make any
claim about its legitimacy.
Post by Tera Free Nws
If you had an ounce of integrity or sincerity that you actually
believed what you claim about MKULTRA and ACIM. its hard to understand
why you would recklessly discredit your claims by posting this
garbage.
Since I didn't post what you said, the garbage is yours.
Post by Tera Free Nws
Only makes sense if your throwing shit on the wall and hopes something
sticks.
Thank you for the confession, I was wondering what you were doing.
BTW, Alan is a stickler about using "your" when it should be "you're".
Katie
2007-08-30 11:54:29 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by Tera Free Nws
Gee, "Chuck," it hardly surprising that someone who doesn't
acknowledge authorship of his posts, thinks tabloid hit pieces without
an acknowledged author are somehow evidence for his crack pot ideas.
The article mentions UFOs once. The site contains multiple references
to UFOs. The site contains multiple articles. Is this beyond your
ability to comprehend?
ROFLMAO!! Exactly as I predicted!

Desperate minds! What can I say?
Tera Free Nws
2007-08-30 13:22:25 UTC
Post by Katie
Post by Chuck
Post by Tera Free Nws
Gee, "Chuck," it hardly surprising that someone who doesn't
acknowledge authorship of his posts, thinks tabloid hit pieces without
an acknowledged author are somehow evidence for his crack pot ideas.
The article mentions UFOs once. The site contains multiple references
to UFOs. The site contains multiple articles. Is this beyond your
ability to comprehend?
ROFLMAO!! Exactly as I predicted!
Desperate minds! What can I say?
Right minds so desperate they stake the integrity of their claims on
an authorless article on a UFO conspiracy site.